Thursday, March 3, 2011

Introduction

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I constantly ask myself, what inspires me to do well? I suggest that you ask yourself the same question. Perhaps your parents, significant other, people that you have met along the way, fantastic teachers, and/or your passion/drive are contributing factors towards your success. What about that one teacher that believed in you and gave you hope and aspiration? I have been fortunate to have several of those and one particularly in the Instructional Design masters program that I am currently enrolled in at University of Houston-Clear Lake. The bottom line is that we need to engage our students to become motivated learners. Motivated students will eventually become entrepreneurs or work for an employer. These motivated employees will help bring new ideas and are more productive. It's important to understand motivational theories such as ARCS Model, Goal Setting Theory, and Self-Regulation Theory in order to help our students succeed. Randy Pausch, a professor at Carnegie Mellon University as well as an inspiration to many, applied ARCS Model to his lectures and projects. Hopefully you can apply some of these theories to your classroom or workplace and/or personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment